My days off went by too quickly. We went to a friend's 40th birthday party on Saturday. It was a great party but I wasn't really feeling it. I think my mind was elsewhere....
I worked part of the day Sunday (my day off) -- but made up for my diligence at work by partying quite a bit at the Hole later that afternoon! I definitely enjoyed my evening with Bill, Tj. and the gang at the Hole.
And today was a HOT one -- close to 95°. I spent most of the day sitting at home, staying cool, browsing the web, checking out friends' Flickr pix.... Not very productive -- until around 3 p.m., when a buddy came by and we went biking for 2+ hours. (With a much-needed pizza stop and a more needed Gatorade stop along the way.) Has anyone of you ever ridden your bike up/down the huge hill on Juniper St in South Park? I am way too much of a wuss and always get off and walk it.
This was posted on a blog I've taken to reading on a regular basis. The girl seems so cool -- and so very different from me. Nonetheless, she seems like someone I'd take a liking to. Hi, Ehu!
What were you doing 10 years ago?
Hmmm, my memory's not the best at [cough] 39.... Let's see, 1998.... I was living with Tj. in San Francisco! We were having a great time living on Hermann St behind the Safeway (although the other tenants in the building SUCKED!) and working downtown. That March, I moved from a job as Asst Front Office Mgr at a high-end, Japanese-run hotel just off Market St to a fun, smaller hotel near Union Square where I was Front Office Manager. Weekends were a blast and were spent exploring the city during the day and having a beer at the Eagle, Lonestar, Daddy's or the Edge at night. We also got out of town occasionally and went to Guerneville and the whole Russian River area. Fort Ross was as far north up the California coast as we ever made it.
5 things on my to do list:
1. Ship my uncle's birthday gift. I heard he was fond of one of my photos (see above) and I had a huge print (15 x 45) made for him.
2. Start my upper-body and abs workout. I've been successfully losing weight (about 8 lbs in 2 months) and getting out biking, hiking, walking.... BUT, I'm not happy with the lack of arm/chest definition I have right now. (I have to brag, though, that my calves and legs look damn good lately!)
3. Clean my desk at home. My desk at work is neat and clean -- can not say the same about the one at home. (Or the storage shelves behind it, either.)
4. Find out if my sister was able to download the QuickTime video I sent my nephew. It was kinda big -- I might have to load it to a server and send her the link.
5. Finally learn more about KPBS's Reading for the Blind service. I've been meaning to check into volunteering my time, but never seem to find the time to apply. This week at the latest!
5 snacks I enjoy:
1. Trail mix -- prefer it to have yogurt-covered raisins or M&Ms, please
2. Wheat Thins
3. Chocolate -- of any kind
5. Baby carrots -- gotta put SOMETHING healthy on here!
5 places I've lived:
1. Chicago, IL
2. Monterey, CA
3. San Angelo, TX
4. Augsburg, Germany
5. Hamburg, Germany (I could keep going -- guess I'll stop at 5)
5 jobs I've had:
1. Busy Bee Bakery (one day and I was outta there)
2. Arboretum View Animal Hospital - all-around clean-up and surgery prep guy. One of the best jobs I've ever had
4. Night auditor at the Holiday Inn Munich-Schwabing where I had a lecherous boss
5. English teacher at Inlingua in Augsburg (excellent job, great co-workers, fun students -- one of my favorite jobs!)
"A new normal"
5 days ago