Sunday, March 16, 2008

Chicago On Foot

We got a late start, but have done a lot already today. First stop: Caribou
Coffee in Lincoln Park. (Coffee = elixir of life)

Then we walked down Wrightwood past my first apartment in the city. I had
just returned from the Army and was going to school downtown while staying
with my parents in the suburbs. The commute by train was fine, but it was
even better to live in the city on my own, work and go to school downtown
and have the city at my doorstep. (This trip to Chicago is turning into an
extended episode of "This Is Your Life".)

Next stop was the Maxwell Street Market -- a huge outdoor flea market on
the Near South Side.

Then a BRISK (both quick and chilly) walk to the South Loop for Jewish deli
food -- what you see here is my open-faced corned beef rueben on rye. (Good
to see I'm eating light, huh?)

Can't wait to see what else the weekend will bring.

- T

No comments: