Monday, October 27, 2008

Palin Pants

More than a month now since I've touched my blog.... I'm setting a weekly alarm to remind me to post something, ANYTHING!, once a week! I've got so much to write about, including our recent trip to New York.

Got a few things to get off my chest immediately, though, and this is one of them.

Sarah Palin (the right-wing, anti-choice, anti-gay-marriage, ultra-religious cuckoo that McCain chose as his running-mate) has been given a wardrobe worth $150,000 by the Republicans. Actually, she didn't get the entire budget -- they spent some of the cash on her husband and children.

Now, don't get me wrong -- I'm more than happy to see some of the Republican's budget going for something as useless and clothes and makeup, instead of funneling the funds into another ad campaign. But it turns out that not only is this squandering of money in EXTREMELY bad taste when our economy is in the crapper and the two of them are claiming to be on the side of the average Joe, but it is ALSO illegal!

See, we've got got something called the FEC (Federal Election Commission). The FEC is in charge of enforcing campaign laws -- which state that you may not use election funds for personal use SUCH AS BUYIN' YOURSELF NEIMAN-MARCUS DESIGNER OUTFITS AND MAKEUP!!!

So, I say: lock up the lot of them. I'm not sure how many laws you can break (KEATING FIVE, TROOPERGATE) before you don't get elected and DO go to jail.

- T

No comments: