Monday, January 01, 2007

Happy New Year!


Happy New Year, everyone!

My New Year's Eve was wonderful. Maik and Andreas had a small group of friends over for raclette, fireworks viewing from their rooftop terrace, good conversation and 'Gesellschaft'. What a great time! (I took some pictures, but left my camera at their place. Look for them to be posted in Picasa later in the week.)

I'm quickly approaching my travel date. This week should be fairly relaxed, though. I need to ship a few more things to San Diego this week. I plan to find a box tomorrow, load it up with books and computer cables and such, and mail it off.

Thursday I'm meeting up with some co-workers for another round of bowling. They're a competitive bunch -- let's see if I can improve my game a bit this time around!

Then, sometime this weekend, I will get together with my Hamburg buddies for a final, going-away dinner. I am going to miss the close friends I've made here, but I take comfort in the fact that I will be seeing most of them at some point in San Diego. (Nice to be going back to a destination that is really a tourist magnet!)

(Thank you to Fotocommunity for the photo.)

Ciao for now.

- T

No comments: